McArdle’s might be the oldest family business in Greenwich, CT, but when it comes to its flora; services, the company is known for sophisticated and cutting-edge design. Recently, they realized the current website did not reflect all that they have to offer.
When McArdle’s first discussed a website redesign with Synerge-marketing, it was evident that their extensive work as experts in the world of flowers and plants was not adequately showcased on their then current website. Rather than simply displaying their products, the company’s goal was to present itself as a creator of beautiful lifestyles, both indoors and out. It was equally important that clients understand that since 1910, when James McArdle founded a downtown Greenwich garden center, the company has worked diligently to retain its reputation of being trustworthy and authentic.
In addition, the site had to capture the attention of a diverse clientele:
- Those who have come to expect everything a superior floral shop offers: beautiful and sophisticated floral arrangements to celebrate life and offer comfort in times of grief; corsages and boutonnières that can be transformed into floral jewelry; and blooming plants that brighten any day.
- The professional and amateur gardeners who come to McArdle’s garden center for an unusual selection of annuals, perennials, edible plants and organic products;
- Clients desiring at-home services that include container and garden designs and installation for home and business; foundation makeovers; vegetable and poolside garden design and installation; and water features;
- Those wanting McArdle’s Events to create stunning affairs to remember, from a simple dinner party to an elaborate wedding or gala;
- And the people who attend the plethora of workshops McArdle’s schedules throughout the year.
Additional challenges included:
- Making the new online face as visual, engaging, progressive and beautiful as the work McArdle’s accomplishes daily;
- Creating a responsive web design that produces an optimal viewing experience across all devices – desktops, tablets and smartphones – with a minimum of resizing, panning and scrolling;
- Constructing an e-commerce feature, so customers can order plants and flowers for every occasion without stepping foot in the Arch Street shop;
- Building a search-engine friendly site, so customers can easily find McArdle’s online;
- Providing all visitors with meaningful information and resources, including Doctor Z’s valuable gardening tips.
So now when you visit www.mcardles.com, you are met with a pleasing-to-the-eye color palette in shades of greens and browns and pops of pink that provide the perfect background for showcasing all of the services offered, from the bouquet of flowers clients choose in the shop to the garden rooms McArdle’s designs that transform customers’ outdoor living spaces into extraordinary places to call home.
The new site is clean, beautiful and extremely easy to navigate. When a client visits the home page, the different sections of the site (flora for weddings and events, at-home services, funerals, corporate and business and the holidays) are easily accessed from the top tabs. Also included is a second layer of tabs – flowers, plants, special occasions, gifts and outdoor living – all important components that make McArdle’s a leader in their industry and a trusted floral and garden center in their town and surrounding communities.
This new website is a perfect example of how Synerge-marketing focused on McArdle’s marketing goals to directly connect with their customers and deliver superior ROI. To learn more about Synerge-marketing or schedule a free consultation, visit Synergemarketing or call 203-220-9333.
Want more information about making your redesign successful?
Explore the factors that will make your website effective, compelling and profitable!